Monday, September 15, 2008

Butter & Sugar

I had a nice relaxing birthday yesterday. It started on Saturday with a massage using a gift card I've had for nearly a year. Then on Sunday I got to go read and drink a chai all by myself for an hour. I met up with Ruth (my birthday twin) to get our nails done and have a milk tea. As per tradition, we had dinner at Yamato (our 6th birthday celebrated there) and cake back at Ruth and Eric's.

I just had to show two of my favorite birthday presents:



I've wanted one of these for years and finally got one! This is a pot de beurre (butter pot) -- it keeps butter spreadably soft and fresh for a month. It's like, the best thing ever. Here's the one I got. And here's how it works. Thanks French people!



And this is a sweet little sugar bowl that Ruth gave me. It is too adorable. And you know, I really need more reasons to use sugar.

Thanks for the bday fun, my friends!

In other news, it's back to being hot again. It's 93 degrees. Blech. I'm pretty disappointed. Hopefully Autumn will come and stick sometime soon.

5 comments:

Christen said...

Ah! I almost bought that sugar bowl today at Anthro. I opted for the monogram coffee cups for Kevin and I instead. The fall collection there made me want to cry.

and I'm such a horrible friend. Happy Belated Birthday! This means I'm that much closer to being 27. Eek.

Trevy said...

Hey, Christi and I just got a butter crock too....sweet.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good one. Was thinking of you and your birthday twin yesterday when I was trying everything to make this baby be born. Guess she just wasn't ready.

Adventures in Heywood said...

Isn't it great that i'm such sucky friend absorbed so much in my own self pity that I even TEXTED you yesterday and forgot to say happy b-day? If it makes you feel any better (not that you're much wrapped up in my noticing you) I didn't even realize it was September. I'm still at the end of August - since I don't have a job it doesn't much matter what day of the week or month it is... I stopped keeping track.

Ruth said...

I just love that little birdie!! I can't help smiling when I see him!!

Tweet tweet. =)

Happy birthday, again!