Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sofia Blanket




On Saturday night we attended a really beautiful baby shower -- lots of twinkly lights and pink tulle and white linens. It was catered with some amazing Italian food, cake from Bread Basket Cake Company (as was the cake from my baby shower -- yummiest cake ever!) and attended by over 70 people!

The shower was held at the father-to-be's grandmother's house and I fell in love. The grounds and gardens of this house were my dream. Beautiful flower beds, fruit trees, lots of room for vegetable gardens, a beehive, grassy lawn and patios. There were even sheep next door. *Sigh*



But anyway, what we're really here to talk about is this Sofia Blanket that I designed and made for the baby-on-the-way. It's made with 3 different fabrics from Heather Bailey's new line. This fabric is so vivid and soft and with just some thin flannel as batting, the weight of this blanket ended up being so yummy. It was really, really hard to part with, but seeing how much the mommy liked it made it a bit easier. :)



So anyway, I'm thinking that I will make a few of these for sale on my etsy shop, once I get that up. My only worry is finding a good price point for something like this -- where it makes sense to cover the cost of the fabrics (this used nearly 3 yards of fabric total) and also so I could make a little bit of profit. What do you think? How much would you pay for a blanket like this? They would be made with beautiful, designer fabrics, the dimensions are approximately 30x36 and the batting is organic, un-dyed flannel. ???

4 comments:

Alissa said...

That blanket looks scrumptious! I think you would have to sell it as a fairly expensive blanket - but it IS way nicer than the average baby blanket.

Anonymous said...

I want one in a me size. I've been wanting to talk to you about commissioning something. I want a little quilt for the back of the couch. We will talk!

I think you need to come to South Coast Plaza during the holidays so we can frolick and eat at Champagne Bakery!

Melissa said...

I love, love, love, LOVE this blanket! A million thank you's for this gorgeous blanket! I'm glad you had a good time Saturday :)

P.S. you need to charge top dollar if you are going to sell these! You obviously put a lot of hard work into it.

alyssa said...

I love this blanket, it's adorable! Post a link when your shop is up and I'll have to get a few for the too-many people I know that are preggers :) I'm not sure what you'd charge..look for similar things on Etsy is what I would do!