Thursday, December 20, 2007
because my brain can't handle putting together paragraphs
1. Birth Announcements: Not the most original ever, but I think they turned out pretty cute. And it gave me an excuse to buy some Martha Stewart ribbon from Michael's.
2. Christmas Cards: Also not super exciting. Had to do something quick. Next year I hope to have time to do something a little more fun and 'me'.
3. Christmas Decorations: Just a couple of my favorite ornaments, both new from last year.
4. Not Running: Um yeah. This photo speaks for itself I think.
5. Etsy Store - I'm hoping to open an Etsy store sometime in the next couple of months. Of course, that means actually having product to put in the store. Which means making things. Hmmm...
6. At least I'll have a sweet logo. My fabulous cousin who is a fantastic artist is helping me with that, seeing as how I can't draw even a little bit. So, that'll be good.
7. Oh yeah!! And also -- this is probably the most exciting thing to happen to me all month -- I got an email from Superbuzzy, and guess what!? Their warehouse is now in Ventura!!! Sweet Mother of Mystery I'm stoked. They used to be up in Portland and I dreamed of maybe someday getting to go visit. But now they're just a quick jaunt up the road! This means no more paying for shipping AND I get to see what I'm buying before I buy it. Woot! I love you Superbuzzy, see you soon!
8. Pretty much the best ever: Ruth got me these bookplates from The Paper Princess that I've been wanting. Mine have my name on them of course, but my camera battery died so just use your imagination
9. For William: Ruth gave Will these adorable little fruit dolls. I am so in love with them. They are made by Under The Nile which means they are 100% organic cotton and part of the 13 Village Project.
I got these amazing books for Will -- How to Behave and Why, How to Speak Politely and Why and Manners Can Be Fun -- by Munro Leaf (cool name) of The Story of Ferdinand fame.
I also got him this maple teether and fish rattle from Nova Natural.
10.William & Santa: I'm not sure Will was very impressed.
So that's it from me until next year! We're leaving for Utah tomorrow and will be there until the 30th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a white Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Ok, How cute is this advent calendar? Jenny at allsorts just posted the pattern and I'm so making one. It'll probably take me all month but it'll be fun to have next year!
I'm also working on another felt stocking so that William has one at home and one at Grandma's house in Utah. I hope I get it done in time -- it's hard to do much of anything around here. Everything is slowly accomplished in 5-10 minute breaks when we're not nursing or playing. Good thing this kid is so cute.
I went running this morning for the first time in basically year. Holy crap. I'm so out of shape. No big surprise -- but it was pretty ridiculous. I've got a long hard road ahead of me.
But for now, William and I are going to walk down the street and finally mail some things while I listen to music very loudly. My dealing-with-stress method of choice? Denial and Distraction.
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Thank you all for your concern and love. The situation isn't something I can talk about now -- or hopefully ever -- but I do appreciate your messages. Truthfully, out of everyone affected by this, I'll be affected the least. I should be grateful for that even while I do hurt for the others. This will end up being a pretty long, drawn-out thing and all I can hope for is for us to make it through. It's completely out of any one's hands at this point. Thank you so much for your friendship though, all of you. You girls are the best. Please don't worry about me.
So, on to something else now. Thanksgiving. We spent 8 days in Utah with my whole family and we had a blast. We flew up and William did great -- he slept the entire time on all four flights we had up and back. My side of the family got to meet Will for the first time and everyone was stoked and loved him (of course).
So, I'm a huge procrastinator. I've been getting better in my old age, but I still do it from time to time. I planned on getting all these birthday presents done before baby showed up but kept putting some of them off and now they're late. I finally finished these two aprons that were supposed to get to Kelly and Christie last month. Oops! Forgive me, I have a new baby. At least now I have an excuse for procrastinating. :) Also forgive the bad photos. It was really bad lighting. The pattern is based pretty much on the Vintage Apron pattern in, of course, Bend-The-Rules.
Will and I took a walk today. It's pretty chilly and windy, but the sun and sky are beautiful. It was really nice and helped me clear my mind a bit. Though it was depressing to put on a sweatshirt that used to be too big, only to find out that it's pretty tight now. I've got some serious work to do on my fitness.
Happy December all!