Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scrap Quilt Completed

I have finished the scrap quilt. It looks great as long as you don't analyze it too much. Haha. It's the first sort-of-pieced quilt I've ever made and I certainly learned a lot. I could have learned many things before making this quilt if I had just read my First-Time Quiltmaking book first. Like, being extremely accurate with measuring and cutting and like, sewing in a straight line (I did actually know all of these things...I just didn't do then since I wasn't following any instructions). Haha.



Also, I messed up the corners on the binding somehow. I have no idea what I did but they are pretty hideous.



Despite all of it's numerous flaws, I do love it because I love all the fabrics. And it's a nice little size for my lap while knitting or something. If it ever gets cool enough to ever want to touch yarn or have a blanket on me. Plus, I like the way it looks in our living room -- it makes the room a little more my style. Woot!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I think it looks great. I can't wait to use Jillian's quilt. If it ever stops being 90 billion degrees around here.

Morgan Jane said...

Cara, that quilt is amazing. I can't believe how quickly you put it all together. It takes me forever to do a project. I'm super impressed!

Alissa said...

That looks way cute, and I can't wait to see it brightening up your living room!

Anonymous said...

I am incredibly jealous of your mad quilting skills.

and your sweet red wall.

My living room is not quite my style either, but I'm slowly buying little things for it that are more me so Kevin won't notice :)

Bell Blog said...

I really love the quilt! You are so talented and have such a good eye for things like this!

Material Mary said...

Just want to tell you the quilt looks fabulous. Way to go and make it so cute. The fabric is lovely. Enjoy.
Mary

Sweet Mess said...

It does look like it would make a room cozy. I love it! Maybe I should try a quilt too...

Mamasita said...

Cara
I wish I could have 1/4 of you creative power!!