Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two Simple Totes for Two Little Girls


These little book bags were made for two little girls I know who love books. They seemed so tiny when I made them, but after seeing them on little ones, they were just the right size.

The pattern came from Amy Karol's (aka The Angry Chicken) Bend-the-Rules Sewing, which I've made several projects from now. The directions were soooo confusing for me, but once I actually just followed them -- instead of trying to think ahead -- it was easy and it worked!

This project uses so little fabric, is so quick and it's so fun to mix and match fabrics. I'm definitely going to make one for Will and probably will make a larger one for myself. Heaven knows I need yet another bag in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah!

I love these. Can I pay you to make me one? (For real!) I've been needing a special library bag.

Lisa said...

I saw these at the girls' house and was wondering where they came from. So cute!

Ruth said...

They are so great! Lizzie always has books in hers and I never know what Half-pint will be toting around in hers. Something new every day. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, those ARE cute....So would you say a total beginner (like me) could do that???