Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Doing It!

Hopefully I'll look this good someday


I said I was going to do it... and...I am! I've started running! I'm training to run a 5K in October. I just started last night and I was SO nervous. I don't know why I get so nervous and sick just thinking about it. I just have always hated running. And even though I've succesfully trained for and run a 5K in the past, thinking about doing it again made me feel nauseous.

But, I did the first day of training last night and it was totally easy. Or, easier than expected anyway. Especially since I tried to start this program back in December and I totally failed on the first day. Granted, I was only 2 months post-partum and probably 30 pounds heavier than I am now, so it was probably too soon. But now I'm doing it!! I hope I can keep up the motivation! Especially during vacations and house guests visiting through-out the next few months. Eek.

Hold me to it please!!

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Good for you! Keep up the training even with the company and vacation. It might be harder during the "road trip" phase, but you can definitely run while you're in Utah.

Lisa said...

You can do it Cara! And next year you can hold me to running one so I can get back into shape post partum. :)

kelly said...

Yea Cara! I'm so happy for you to do it! It's the best sense of accomplishment, I'm sure you remember. Even over vacation and road trips you can do it, as long as you have your running shoes...there's always a road to run on! yea!!

Kaja said...

If I can do it, you definitely can cause I suck pretty hardcore at running.

Ruth said...

Good job! I SO need to get back into it. You are going to be my inspiration. =)