Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Help

I have another book recommendation for y'all. My mom brought this book down for me to read way back in October. With the holidays and whatnot, I didn't get around to reading it until just a couple weeks ago. And I looooved it.



The Help is set in the early 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi and is about the relationship between white women and their black maids. The story is so engaging and compelling. There are funny parts but, like most great books, it's pretty heartbreaking.

I hope the author writes more novels (I want a sequel to The Help -- I love the characters and want to find out what happened to them all); I really enjoyed her writing. The Help is her first and only book so far. Everyone should most definitely read it!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I'm glad you liked it! I LOVED it myself (or I wouldn't have given it to you, lol). In fact, I think I need to recommend it to book club.