Monday, July 23, 2007

My Favorite Weather : Overcast and Humid.

Okay, I am loving the weather this morning and hope that it stays this way for awhile. According to Google, rain is predicted for today. Please! Rain!

And because it's so deliciously gloomy and almost Autumn-like outside, I figured I'd show you this project.



Pattern : Endpaper Mitts from Eunny Jang Pretty simple pattern, once I re-read it several times.

Yarn : Sorry, I can't remember! Some fingering weight cashmere blend type, in purple and cream. It's SO soft!

Needles : US 0 and 3 bamboo DPNs

Modifications : Nothing on purpose. And no, of course I didn't swatch. So they ended up like, 4 inches longer then they were "supposed" to. But that's okay!

Start to Finish : Several months. They were a birthday present and ended up being 2 months late. Oops! This was due mostly to my laziness.

For : My beautiful younger sister.


****

Ok, next on the programme. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I picked up my copy on Friday night and only let myself read the first chapter that night. I'm trying to drag it out as long as possible cause I'll be so sad when it's over. I spent all day yesterday in bed sick though and read way more than I was going to allow myself, so, I might be taking a break from it today. It's so hard though!! I have a couple friends who have finished and are re-reading it already. Crazy kids. :)

And finally, you've got to see this vintage apron that Christen found over the weekend. I'm am so in love and wrought with jealousy. It's perhaps the most darling thing I've ever laid my eyes upon



I mean, hello. Just look at it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I was wondering when you were going to post something about those mitts. Very cute. I love the purple with the white. Great contrast. And the apron... awesome.