Saturday, March 14, 2009

Garden Update


So far so good. The mint is doing great, the peas are noticeably taller every day, the original tomatoes were unceremoniously ripped from the ground from a certain tiny boy and have since been replaced by plants from the nursery. The lemon tree is pretty sad -- I need to get some fertilizer which means I need to go to an actual nursery with someone who knows what they're talking about. Oh. And some money.



Also transplanted outside (you can see the pots in yon distance in that picture above) are some snap peas, oregano and chives. Inside we still have every herb known to man, peppers and some zinnias. I'm waiting until they get a big bigger (and to get more of the aforementioned money -- need more pots) before putting them outside.

The weather has been wonderfully cool the past week or so, which has helped things greatly, I think. No scorching of the earth or anything. So, yay. That'll come soon enough though.

I'm very pleased that the casualties have been minimal. I just hope we can keep it that way. I'm very nervous about what to do to ensure their survival when we're gone for a week this month. Terrified, actually.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Can't you train Jim or Tim to care for the plants properly? Hmnnn...maybe that's asking too much.