Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not a Weird-o?


Well, after I posted about Wiliam's room and my no luck at finding brown crib sheets, Lisa commented that she found some on amazon! It just figures. Believe me, those sheets were NOT there when I was looking for them. They are $40 so I don't know if I'm going to get them...but at least I know I'm not a complete freak for wanting brown sheets for my baby. What a relief.

Also, my brilliant cousin Aurora mentioned that -- HELLO -- a white sheet and RIT dye is all I need. Duh. So that's probably what I'll end up doing. Then I can spend like, $14 on a white crib sheet and a couple bucks on dye. Woot.

ALSO, I forgot to show y'all the one other thing that I want for William's room.



A white cuckoo clock would be perfect for the wall by the door. However, as it goes, I have to either be in the UK or Australia to buy this one. I can't find a website anywhere that either sells it in the US or will ship it here. Maybe I'll have to go pick it up myself.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think the dye route is probably the better way to go. You might have to try a couple of times though to get the level of chocolate brown you're wanting though. That's been my experience with RIT anyway.

Anonymous said...

Try Urban Outfitters online, they have one very simular.. Very cute!!

Ruth said...

Why are the perfect crib sheets always $40? Remember that time I was trying to find one for the girl's room? And brown is definitely not weird!

If you need a shopping partner when you go pick up that clock, give me a call! =P

Unknown said...

Your bathroom and baby room turned out amazing!
I am very interested in your feeding with whole foods first. Do you think you could share where you found your information on it?
I am glad you are having such a great time being a Mom, it is the best!

Adelyn :)

Mamasita said...

Hi Cara!
I had some trouble finding a crib sheet that wasn't plastered with elephants and airplanes..so I made my own! It was super easy, fast and way cute! You need less then 2 yards of fabric and some elastic. You can do it in like 10 minutes. google "fitted crib sheet" for directions.