Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hi, Did You Miss Me?

Unbaked pumpkin pie is one of my favorite colors

Hello, no baby here yet. He's not due until next Wednesday anyway so...I need to be patient. I'm really tired of the swelling and the being a beached whale and whatnot but, I'm happy to wait for him to come when he's ready. I just hope it's sooner than later. :)


Please take note of the best looking pie crust I've made to date. It's only taken me 14 years to get to this point.

We've apparently started a tradition of having a Pumpkin Party every year at the beginning of October. This was the 3rd year we did it and I hope to continue. Pumpkin is just too yummy to not celebrate! We had Ravioli with Sausage and Pumpkin Sauce (I forgot to take a photo but believe me, it's delicioius. Please try it!), green beans, baguette and of course, Pumpkin Pie. In previous years we've also carved pumpkins but, that just wasn't going to happen this year. And when you have your Pumpkin Party, don't forget to watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.



I did decorate for Autumn though and it's so fun. It's 85 degrees outside and we have the AC on, but at least it looks somewhat fall-ish in here.

I've also done quite a bit of sewing in the past few days but unfortunately, don't have photos of it all cause my brain is pretty spacey lately.



First is this Bath Caddy for all the baby's bath things (we don't have enough cupboard space for anymore towels or toiletries) which will hang from the closet door. This pattern is from Amy Butler's In Stitches and the fabric is from superbuzzy.com. I was WAY intimidated by this project. It entailed using interfacing and canvas and boning and had about a million steps. Yikes. But I did it! Sewing certainly has taught me some good life lessons: don't get overwhelmed, take things one step at a time, take risks and to pay attention to details. They really make all the difference.

Exciting News: Our good friends, Cary and Erin, beat us to the punch and had their baby boy yesterday -- 11 days early! I finished the blanket for Quincy (hi, cutest name ever) last night and sent it out in the mail this morning, totally forgetting to take photos first. I used the same Scalloped Baby Blanket pattern from Bend-the-Rules Sewing that I used for this helicopter blanket but in these fabrics I ordered recently from superbuzzy.com. Just use your imagination. :) Congratulations, little family! We can't wait to meet the new guy!

Finally, I also finished another project yesterday but I can't show you until the end of January when my friend Nellie's baby arrives. It turned out so cute! I want to show it off right now!

Alright, well this pregnant lady needs to go lay around some more. 39 weeks! I'm definitely feeling every one of them right now.

Take care! Check in tomorrow for pics of the knitted Vintage Car Coat. Darling!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Your turn is coming soon Cara! And cute bath caddy! Love those elephants and you did such a good job!

That pumpkin pie was perfect. I hope you enjoyed all the leftovers!!

Lisa said...

OK. That is the best pie crust I've ever seen. I am not good at pie crusts. How did you do that? Also that bath caddy is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I saw that book this weekend at Beverly's Fabric and Crafts and if Stephen wasn't in line with me I totally would have bought it. I need that book. And yay! You finished the vintage car coat. I can't wait to see it.

Morgan Jane said...

You are such a wonderful crafty person. I'm sure the other blanket was just as cute as the last one, and I love the bath caddy, that elephant print is too much! Hope these last couple days of pregnancy are good and relaxing!

Adventures in Heywood said...

I need your pie crust receipe. The last two I made were sort of like, 'eh'. It's def an art. I wish I had more time to master it. I love pie.