Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Made a Skirt All On My Ownsies!

I'm so proud. I made a skirt, from a pattern, in plaid fabric, with a zipper, all on my own!! Last week I had a test run of the same skirt with my mom's help, but today I did it by myself! It turned out pretty near perfect. It's a very exciting day -- all kinds of homemade clothing options have been opened up to me!!




A perfect zipper.


The pattern matches on the pockets, the yoke, and at all seams. Pretty miraculous!

This skirt is Simplicity 2698 with Yoke B and Skirt F. I can't wait to make another. Or several. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

Awesome job Cara! Zippers are a pain to put in, I don't think I've ever done one accurately. Props to you on a job well done!

Alissa said...

It looks so great! I'm proud of you!

AuroraLeigh said...

I wish I had the time to learn how to sew like this. I've been looking for a skirt almost exactly like that for weeks.