Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Feel Like I Should Get Some Kind of 'Awesome Mom' Award

William's 3rd birthday is next Thursday. And this kid is OBSESSED with doing whatever his Daddy does. Especially if it has to do with photography. Will pretends everything is a camera -- bananas, toy cars, my wallet, a book, the fireplace tools -- and he's forever headed to a photo shoot or showing us the latest photos he's taken.

While in Iceland, I had a burst of inspiration to make him a play version of Daddy's camera -- and I could envision just how to make it. This week I found all the right pieces and today I put it all together. I am so so pleased with how it turned out!



The supplies I used were a chip board box and canisters from JoAnn, black paint, white paint pen, masking tape, black fabric, wood glue (praying it holds), red piping and an old shoelace.



I think William will be one estatic 3 year old in a few days. :) BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

6 comments:

Nellie and Jason said...

wow!! that does deserve an awesome mom award!!

Miriam Herm said...

you are seriously one of my favorite moms ever. and william is seriously one of my favorite little boys ever. so i'm happy he gets a 5d at such a young age.

Bethany said...

So adorable! Can't wait for him to take pictures when you guys are up here!

Alissa said...

Wow, you did a great job! And what a perfect gift for Will. He is going to LOVE it (and you better be prepared to have it go everywhere from now on).

Lisa said...

That is so awesome Cara! You did such a great job!

Lisa said...

PS. You might have to teach me how you did that. Bean is running around with various objects saying "smile" and "take a picture" :)